Sr. DevTest/Verification (Quality Control) Engineer
V5 Systems is a technology company that believes in forging new paths. We have pioneered the first outdoor edge computing platform and are helping people to use this platform to feel secure in any outdoor environment. We are looking for a Sr. DevTest/Verification Engineer who will make sure that the products shipped by the company meet the quality standards established by the company. The engineer will develop, modify, and executes software and hardware test plans; analyze and write test standards and procedures; and maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Defining the quality standard for the products to be shipped to the customers and designing test and verification strategies for meeting the product quality goals.
- Performing manual testing and automating tests including functional, performance, and stress scenarios as applicable.
- Performing analysis of potential failures and documenting those for failure investigation.
- When applicable, coordinating the activities of other engineers on assigned features or release
- Maintain test environment where assigned and applicable
- 4 – 8 years in a system test role (software & hardware)
- Proven experience in software testing is required.
- Experience in hardware testing is a strong plus point
- Extensive knowledge of networking protocols and technologies
- Understanding of Linux System fundamentals is required along with Linux networking setup.
- Experience in programming/scripting languages is required (Python preferred).
- Experience working technically & testing in virtualized environment (e.g. AWS/KVM/VMWare) and/or cloud (public/private) environment a strong plus
- Experience with RESTful web service APIs a plus.
- Understanding of battery, battery management system, and renewable energy (solar) is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Self-motivated; highly enthusiastic team player with strong analytical skills
- Team leading (managing, mentoring) skill is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required (CS, CE, or EE preferred)