V5 Systems is a technology company that believes in forging new paths. We have pioneered the first outdoor edge computing platform and are helping people to use this platform to feel secure in any outdoor environment. We are looking for a Mid-Senior Level Product Manager to join our Team.
As a Product Manager, you will work closely across engineering, marketing, finance, support, and sales teams to deliver products to customers focusing on new cloud-based AI technology opportunities. The Product Manager will develop a deep understanding of customer needs, competitive products, and technology trends to deliver releases that drive product-line revenue growth.
- Full ownership of the strategy and feature set in your areas of focus
- Market and customer analysis, requirements development, business case, collateral, product strategy, and product positioning
- Define a strategy for the product’s evolution to support business and customer needs.
- Create specifications, prioritize requirements and maintain a roadmap of the features being developed.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the product’s capabilities in pre-and post sales discussions.
- Collaborate with the engineering team building the product to clarify requirements and specifications.
- Ability to understand business and technical requirements, capture and summarize key points, and communicate them at levels appropriate to your audience
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, from engineering to sales
- A strong understanding of surveillance security, surveillance devices and systems
- Understanding and operational knowledge of all flavors of IP networks including mobile nets, network clouds and associated networking protocols.
- Understanding of modern artificial intelligence approaches
- Understanding of SaaS principles
- Knowledge of software application development and electronic hardware is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 3-5 years in product management or technical expertise in the security space required
- Knowledge of various IP Cameras and VMS (Video Management Systems) products required
- In-depth knowledge of any specific IP Camera and/or a VMS is highly desired
- Understanding of Linux platform will be a plus
- Industrial Networking/loT experience will be a plus
- Working experience in a start-up environment will be a big plus
- BS or higher in Engineering/Science is a minimum requirement
- Master’s Degree or MBA is preferred