V5 Systems is a technology company that believes in forging new paths. We have pioneered the first outdoor edge computing platform and are helping people to use this platform to feel secure in any outdoor environment. We are seeking an experienced firmware engineer with a strong background in embedded control systems, C and Embedded C programming languages to develop real time firmware for industrial control and power solutions. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of technical skills in addition to being organized, process oriented and self-motivated. Candidates must have a solid understanding of 16bit & 32bit microcontrollers, signal conditioning circuits, serial communication protocols (LAN, SPI, I2C, UART, CAN, SMB), Driver development, configuration management software and firmware development/debugging tools. The position requires fluency in C, assembly, and working knowledge of C# in addition to Python programming/scripting languages.
As a V5 Systems Firmware Engineer and part of the engineering team candidates must have strong communications and interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and the ability to manage project priorities.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience programming, debugging, and reading programs written in Embedded C & C.
- Experience scripting, debugging, and reading programs written in Python
- Experienced in OS level embedded Linux development
- Experience with circuit board firmware and firmware embedded tools
- Experience in device driver development.
- Experience in writing embedded firmware drivers for custom I/O circuits
- Experience programming for ARM processors.
- Experience with device drivers using hardware interfaces such as SPI and I2C, UART, SMB, CAN
- Experience with RTOS.
- Experience with wireless communications (Wi-Fi, BLE, 3G/4G/LTE, etc.)
- Hands-on board bring-up, debug, test, and code optimization.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) experience
- Perform hardware/firmware integration testing using oscilloscope, logic analyzers, load generators, Meters and other LAB equipment.
- Familiar with implement control algorithms for power conversion
- Familiar with implementing communication protocols
- Development of C# software diagnostic tool
- Demonstrated expertise in firmware configuration management, and the build/release process
- Create hardware and software tools for design creation, product production, and calibration
- Define firmware and software requirements that are well aligned with product specifications.
- Work in both office and lab environment performing system integration and testing
- Ability to accurately plan and estimate firmware development projects
- Ability to design using sound engineering principles including documentation where appropriate and efficient, effective code that is maintainable and testable.
- Create and maintain engineering specifications and documentation
- Ability to take ownership of all projects set forth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Education/Experience
- Familiar with Windows, Ubuntu, Linux, Raspbian OS
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences
- 7-10 years of professional experience in embedded firmware/software development/embedded systems.
- 5+ years of experience working with Design, develop, and troubleshooting circuit board firmware
Desired Technical Skills:
- Able to read schematics
- Working knowledge of Power systems and designing for smart power systems
- Experience with power electronics systems and control theory.
- Experience with battery management systems technology is a plus
- Familiarity with encryption, compression, and computer security (Blowfish, AES, Authentication Algorithms, etc.)
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences