Electrical Engineer – (PCB) Circuit Board Design
V5 Systems is a technology company that believes in forging new paths. We have pioneered the first outdoor edge computing platform and are helping people to use this platform to feel secure in any outdoor environment. We are seeking a motivated and creative Electrical Engineers with Circuit design background to join our growing world-class IIoT Team.
This opportunity is to help us design the highest-performing and challenging PCB designs in the industry. You will work on the most challenging, interesting, and cutting-edge products and solutions. Our Smart, Multi dimension high-performance off the grid solutions incorporate challenging yet existing analog and digital circuits, enabling technology that leads the industry. We want you to help push our current and future products to an even higher level!
Enjoy the benefits of working for a fast pace, cutting edge company with on-site production test, manufacturing, hardware and software design. Daily interaction with other departments provides a first-rate opportunity to further develop your career.
Our innovative and friendly work environment includes the latest hardware and software tools, as well as collaboration with dozens of accomplished electrical and software designers and engineers.
- Design, assemble, document and test multilayer stack-ups and prototypes (up to 16 layers.)
- Place high density and high quantity (up to 3000+) of components
- Design Power / Ground plans
- Route controlled impedance signal traces and differential routes including highspeed serial links
- Create and verify component decals
- Perform Gerber generation
- Generate and maintain BOMs and fabrication documentation to support on-site production
- Perform design simulations to ensure optimum operation of the design
- Assist with electrical board studies (documentation, methodology, new technology, monitoring and hardware integration).
- Evaluate and select components such as a variety of sensors, MCUs, Communication protocols and circuits.
- Coordinate device form factor with other team members such as mechanical engineers and industrial designers.
- Assist in firmware development, test and integration to support hardware implementation into new design topologies.
- Organize the assembly and perform debug tests on all levels of the board design from topology to production of products.
- Analyze and assist in product prototyping, deployment, troubleshooting and monitoring the product for internal/external studies using Lab test equipment and/or test software.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or related field(Required).
- Master’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or related field(Preferred).
- 5 to 8 years of experience with schematic capture, PCB layout, and benchtop bring-up of new boards.
- Strong work ethic
- Forward-thinking, creative, open to learning further and work with new technology
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English (additional languages is a plus)
- Must possess excellent problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility in working hours depending on the project deadline
Desired Technical Skills:
- Design tools: Experience with Cadence Allegro, ORCAD and Altium Schematic capture and layout Design software
- Computer languages: C, Embedded C, Python, HDL
- Simulation: PSPICE, HyperLynx, Sigrity
- Hardware tools: Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Function generators, Load generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Thermometers
- Experience soldering 0603 and 0402 QFN and DFN components
- Computer tools and OS: Microsoft Office, Windows OS, Linux (without GUI), Ubuntu, Mac OSX
- ECO / ECN / EDO / EOL Execution experience (not required but a plus)
- IPC and JEDEC Certification (not required but a plus)
- PMI Certification (not required but a plus)